Which oral site has the highest implant failure rate?

Several studies have attempted to compare implant failure rates with respect to the implant insertion region of the jaw. Studies have reported that implants fail in the upper jaw rather than in the jaw9-13.In addition, the maxillary anterior region had the highest rate of implant failure. In this study, 1078 cases (601 men and 477 women) with 2053 implants were included. After implantation, 1974 implants were preserved and the early survival rate was 96.15%.

Patients 30 to 60 years old (OR 2.39), with Class I bone quality (OR 3.68), bone augmentation (OR 1.74), immediate implantation (OR 3.50) and implant length. Success rates for dental implants depend on where the implants are placed, the condition of the patient's jaw, and their health. The success rate of upper jaw implants is slightly lower because the tissue and bone of the upper jaw are less dense than the lower jaw. This makes implantation and osseointegration difficult.

Lower posterior implantation has the highest success rate for all dental implants. Studies have shown that between 5 and 10% of dental implants fail. On the other hand, that means that there is between 90% and 95% success, which is very likely in terms of dental and medical procedures. The vast majority of dental implants are successful and provide long-lasting form and function.

Risk factors for early implant survival included age (patients 30 to 60 years), tooth position (anterior tooth area), bone quality (Class I), implant length (. Early failures occur due to the inability to establish close contact between the bone and the implant, the absence of bone apposition, and the formation of fibrous tissue between the implant surface and the surrounding bone. Conical implants have greater primary stability and provide superior clinical results than cylindrical implants. A dental implant consists of a titanium post that is surgically placed in the jaw to act as an artificial tooth root.

Dental implants are a high-cost treatment in China, so when patients have problems with the placement of their restorations, they will take the initiative to go to the hospital. Factors Affecting Early Failure of Implants Placed in a Dental Office Specializing in Implantology: A Retrospective Study. The upper and lower anterior teeth were straightened, the midlines corrected, and enough space was created to replace the 43 with an implant. Comparison of the failure rate between implants smaller than 10 mm and those ≥10 mm in length revealed no significant difference (p%3d 0.5).

Whether you are planning to have a dental implant or you already have one, there are a few steps you can take to increase your chances of success. Contingency analysis showed a statistically significant correlation (χ2 %3D 13.554, p %3D 0.00) and a mean strength of association (Cramers V %3D 0.19) between implant length and dental implant failure. Three months after removal of the implant under premedication coverage (amoxicillin 500 mg tid for 2 days), an apicectomy of 22 and 24 was performed, in combination with periodontal surgery (GBR). In addition, group comparison based on the timing of the implant specialty did not find that physicians' implant survival rates increased significantly with extension of implantation time, but rather decreased slightly.

Introduction Implant therapy has been shown to be predictable, effective and reliable for the replacement of missing teeth in edentulous and partially edentulous patients. The success of dental implants depends on the implant placement site, the patient's condition, the surgeon's experience, the accuracy of the surgical technique, and the type of implants. This will guide us in preventing and reducing early implant failure in clinical practice and will provide some reference experience for clinical implant counterparts. Although the surgeon observed “excellent primary stability” during surgery, this second implant was removed after the implant loosened a few weeks later.


Leave Message

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *